About Commercial Disposal Service in Port St Lucie, FL
Commercial dumpster dimensions
Commercial trash enclosure dimensions may vary slightly but measure approximately:
- 2 yard container – 3 ft. x 6 ft. x 3 ft. (LxWxH)
- 3 yard container -- 4 ft. x 6 ft. x 4 ft. (LxWxH)
- 4 yard container -- 4 ft. x 6 ft. x 5 ft. (LxWxH)
- 6 yard container -- 5 ft. x 6 ft. x 5 ft. (LxWxH)
- 8 yard container – 5.5 ft. x 6 ft. x 6.5 ft. (LxWxH)
Be sure there is adequate space in your dumpster bay or location you plan on putting the bin. The commercial waste hauler must be able to safely and easily access the area for pick-up.
How much weight can a commercial dumpster hold?
Waste haulers have a limit to the amount of weight you can load into the bin. It varies by container size. It can be as little as 400 pounds for a 2-yard bin up to 1 ton or more for larger 8-cubic-yard dumpsters.
The newest front-load trucks have lifting arms capable of lifting 10,000 pounds, or 5 tons. However, lifting this much weight consistently on a daily basis would certainly put a strain on the hydraulics and other systems involved. This is why waste haulers limit the amount of waste they’ll pick up to generally less than 2 tons maximum for the biggest containers.