Hometown offers verified disposal service reviews from real customers
A whopping 20% Of Yelp reviews are fake
You may or may not be shocked to learn that many online reviews of small businesses are... phony.
Less-than-authentic reviews are often submitted by someone with an agenda. We know who these folks are and what they typically write in their reviews.
- Companies writing reviews on themselves:
"Totally awesome service! I'm the best dumpster rental service ever."
- Companies writing reviews on competitors:
"Terrible service. The most horrifyingly bad company I've ever known."
- Moms of service providers:
"5 star dumpster service! From what my boy tells me, he's really good."
- Ex-spouses of disposal service owners:
"The service nearly ruined my life! I will never forgive this company. Never!"
- A trash hauler’s own employees:
"5 stars! Great service... and the regular paychecks are right on time."
- Overseas review writers for hire: (yes, this happens)
"Tank you dumper gentlemans for beautiful service!"
Researchers estimate that up to one-third of online reviews are phony.
At Hometown, every review comes from an actual customer
We human-verify every review on a dumpster rental company or junk removal service. We make sure the review is real and comes from a verified customer of that company. One can't just create a fake identity and get a review published on themselves, a relative, or a competing trash hauler.
Here's how Hometown verifies reviews:
- A customer hires a dumpster rental or junk removal company they found on Hometown
- We follow up directly with the customer (typically via phone) to verify that the job was completed and to collect a review of the company’s performance
- Unsolicited reviews (that come in directly from the Hometown website) are not published unless the authenticity of the customer and the completed job can be verified with a follow-up phone call
- All reviews that can be verified to come from a real customer, positive or negative, are published