More tips for renting a dumpster in Sterling Heights, MI
How much does it cost to rent a dumpster?
Factors that influence roll-off container rental rates include your location, dumpster size, weight of the load, type of debris, and duration of the rental. So, your rates may vary significantly over the pricing listed below.
To get a ballpark figure, here are some national averages for a standard 7-day rental:
- 10 yard roll-off container: $250+
- 20 yard roll-off container: $350+
- 30 yard roll-off container: $400+
- 40 yard roll-off container: $450+
You can get the best rates by getting quotes from at least two local dumpster rental companies. Often times you can use one quote as leverage to get a better deal at that company’s competitor.
Common wastes not allowed in dumpsters
Dumpster rental companies abide by local, state and federal regulations regarding the types of waste it dumps at local landfills and recycling facilities. It’s an environmental issue that is rooted in maintaining public health and keeping the environment clean.
Here are some -- not all -- of the items commonly not allowed in roll-off containers:
- Flammable liquids of any kind
- Automobile fluids – motor oil, transmission fluid, coolant, etc.
- Car batteries
- Automobile tires (some companies allow if the tire is shredded first)
- Asbestos debris
- Appliances that contain Freon or other toxic chemicals – refrigerators, air conditioners, thermostats, etc.
- Household hazardous wastes, or HHW – cleaners, aerosols, paint, oils/stains, etc.
Be sure to ask your dumpster rental provider about its policies regarding prohibited wastes. You can learn more here.
Most popular roll-off container sizes
The most commonly available dumpster sizes are:
- 10 cubic yard dumpsters – 12 ft. x 8 ft. x 4 ft. -- Residential cleanouts, small cleanups, etc.
- 20 cubic yard bins – 22 ft. x 8 ft. x 4.5 ft. – Most versatile container size
- 30 cubic yard containers – 22 ft. x 8 ft. x 6 ft. – Whole house cleanouts, shed demolition, roofing
- 40 cubic yard roll-offs – 22 ft. x 8 ft. x 8 ft. – Total demolition jobs, construction projects, large re-roofs
Sizes and dimensions vary by company. For reference, 1 cubic yard is equivalent to a 3 ft. x 3 ft. x 3 ft. object, such as a standard kitchen stove.