More tips on renting a dumpster in Plymouth, MA
Tips to save money on renting a roll-off container
An informed customer is one that can get the best deal. Here are some must-know tips:
- Get quotes from multiple dumpster rental companies to make sure you’re getting the best deal
- Avoid additional fees, such as overages and late fees, by being wary of these potential add-ons and planning accordingly
- When in doubt about dumpster size, go with the bigger one. The difference in price is usually less than the cost of paying overage fees.
- Ask the rental company if they accept “clean loads” for recycling. If so, you may get a discount rate since recycling the debris typically costs them less compared to the tipping fees at local landfills.
Examples of the amount of debris that can fit into each dumpster size
This will help give you a general idea of what type and how much debris can fit inside a roll-off container.
10 yard bin
- Garage or basement cleanout
- 250 square foot deck removal
- Small kitchen or bath remodeling project
20 yard container
- Two-stall garage cleanout
- 400 square foot deck removal
- Up to 3,000 square foot of roofing shingles (single layer)
30 yard dumpster
- Whole-house window or siding replacement
- Garage demolition
- Foreclosure cleanouts
40 yard roll-off
- Commercial roofing project
- New construction
- Large home or commercial building cleanout
How to estimate the volume of waste, junk or debris you have
This is one of the most difficult aspects of choosing a container size. Luckily, rental companies are experienced in handling a wide variety of loads ranging from household junk to roofing shingle debris. They can help you choose the ideal container size for the job.
You can also estimate the amount of debris yourself by physically measuring it and converting it to cubic yards. 1 cubic yard is equal to a 3 ft. x 3 ft. x 3 ft. item or pile of debris. Due to the varying container dimensions, bulky or irregularly shaped items may consume quite a bit of volume in the container. It’s best you discuss this with your dumpster rental provider.