Home > Wyoming, WY

Top Dumpster Rental Services in Wyoming

Finding reliable and affordable dumpster rental in Wyoming is simpler with Hometown.  See trusted reviews from real customers and get Instant Prices online for participating dumpster companies. Contact a prescreened dumpster service today to rent a dumpster at the lowest prices in your hometown.

Select a city for dumpster rental companies near you

orange roll-off dumpsters

Recycling, Composting, and Waste Laws in the State of Wyoming

The Wyoming recycling rate is less than stellar, but improving

The statewide recycling rate in 2004 was estimated to be 1.7%, but improved to near 7% in subsequent years. Wyoming also composts about 8% of waste, which equates to a total waste diversion rate of 15%.

These numbers are far below the 34% national average; however, there’s something to be said for the upward trend over the past decade.

A 2013 published report commissioned by the Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) lays out a comprehensive plan and recommendations to help boost Wyoming’s waste diversion rate to at least 30%.

Economic boost from recycling

We all know recycling is beneficial to the environment, but its economic benefits are not as well known. The recycling industry bring jobs to the community.

According to the EPA, for every 10,000 lbs. of waste disposed of in landfills, there is only 1 job created. On the other hand, the same amount of waste processed at recycling facilities creates 10 recycling-related jobs or 75 material reuse jobs.

In summary, recycling offers:

  • New jobs, more money flowing through the state and local economies
  • Fewer landfills, illegal dumping sites, and less need for virgin materials to manufacture new products

Cut waste generated at home by 25%

About a quarter of the waste landfilled in the U.S. is compostable. This includes waste like yard debris, food waste and paper products.

Composting is great for the environment and actually saves you money in two ways:

  1. Compost is free fertilizer and soil additive. You don’t have to buy it anymore.
  2. Composting may allow you to downsize your waste container needs and save a few bucks on your waste hauling bill.

It’s easy to compost at home, and no, it doesn’t smell like rotting garbage if you do it right.

It’s a matter of mixing “brown” materials like twigs, dead leaves and clean paper with “green” materials like coffee grounds/filters, fruit/veggie scraps, nut shells and egg shells (no whole eggs).

Mix in a higher ratio of brown materials to avoid a stinky batch of compost. Mix weekly and keep moist with water. That’s all it takes to start reaping the benefits of compost.

Learn more about composting here and here.

Helpful resources:

  1. Solid waste rules and state statutes
  2. Solid waste permitting information
  3. Wyoming DEQ Homepage

Tips for renting a roll-off dumpster in Wyoming

5 most common dumpster styles

Commercial dumpsters – Businesses use these dumpsters for weekly or monthly garbage hauling service. They are not for temporary use.

Roll-off dumpsters – These are the containers you rent for temporary uses, such as household cleanouts, roofing projects or commercial construction.

Trailer dumpsters – Used by some dumpster rental companies, these trailers are used similarly to roll-off dumpsters but are different in that they are on wheels – this offers the benefit of being easier on your driveway.

Bag-style containers – These small bins are made from durable fabrics and plastics and range in size from 1 to 3 cubic yards and hold less than 2 tons of debris. The “Bagster” container is one such dumpster.

Lowboy dumpsters – Similar to traditional roll-off dumpsters but with low sides, making it ideal for loading heavier debris, such as dirt, roofing material, concrete, tiles and masonry.

Information about dumpster rental weight limits and overage charges

Dumpster rental providers typically put a cap on the amount of weight you can load into a dumpster due to the fact it costs them more money to dump heavier loads at local landfills. This weight limit can range from 1 ton (2,000 lbs.) to 8 tons (16,000 lbs.) or more.

Overage fees typically range between $50 per ton and $100 per ton. For example, if the weight allowance is 2,000 lbs. and your load weighs in at 2,500 lbs., you’d owe an additional 1 ton of overage charges at the $50 to $100 rate, or whatever rate your dumpster rental agreement specifies.

TIP: Be particularly careful of going over the allotted weight limit when dealing with heavier debris, such as concrete, roofing shingles, dirt or masonry.