Tips on removing junk in New York
How junk removal service works and how much you can expect to pay
The process is simple:
- Call up a junk removal company and describe the cleanup. They will provide you a quote or schedule an appointment to come out and do an assessment.
- The junk company shows up and either gives you a written estimate, or goes ahead and loads up the junk or debris.
- Once the debris is loaded up, you then pay for the service if you haven’t already. The service provider will then haul the junk away and drop it off at the appropriate location (e.g., landfill, recycling facility or charitable organization for donations).
The price you’ll pay for this service depends upon many factors, including your location, type of junk/debris, weight and volume of the load, labor involved and overall complexity of the work.
Generally, you can expect to pay at least $50 to $125 for the very smallest pickups, such as picking up and hauling away a single piece of furniture. Rates go up from there and can range from a few hundred to several thousand dollars depending upon the aforementioned factors.
***For accurate rates, get a free no-obligation estimate from any of Hometown’s verified junk removal companies.
Additional services offered by many trash haulers
These companies offer general waste and debris pick-up and removal, but many offer additional services as well. Here’s a list of the most common:
- Light demolition and hauling including sheds, playset disassembly, pool removal and patio/deck demo
- Tree, shrub and brush removal
- Charity donation drop offs
- Residential and commercial cleaning services
- Snow removal and driveway power washing
Not every junk hauling business offers additional services such as these. Be sure to ask when you give them a call.