Find Utah Dumpster Rental
Get introduced to top-rated dumpster services in your hometown
America's #1 Source for Dumpsters
Dumpster Rental - Popular Articles
Dumpster Rental Tips
Disposal and Dumpster Rental Info for Utah Residents
State of Utah dumpster rental costs
The cost of renting a dumpster in Utah varies greatly depending upon the location (city), container availability, dumpster size, type of waste, rental duration, and several other factors.
Get an accurate idea of local dumpster rental prices by contacting two or more local rental providers to request a free quote.
Based on several years of data collected by HometownDumpsterRental.com, we have determined the national average cost to rent a dumpster are as follows:
- 10 yards - $300-$360*
- 20 yards - $380-$456*
- 30 yards - $440-$528*
- 40 yards - $490-$588
*The costs in Utah may be higher or lower than these averages. The exact cost will vary based on location, type of debris and hauler. Check with local dumpster rental haulers to get an exact quote.
Closer to home, get an idea of what other Utah residents have paid for their dumpster rental:
- 15 yard dumpster rental in Salt Lake City, UT - $199
- 20 yard dumpster in South Jordan, UT - $239
- 30 yard dumpster rental West Valley City, UT - $275
- 30 yard dumpster rental in Farmington, UT - $300
Dumpster costs vary based on the city/metro you reside, as well as the other factors previously mentioned.
Other key dumpster rental markets in Utah:
- Tooele dumpster rental
- St. George dumpster rental
- Park City dumpsters for rent
- Brigham City dumpster rentals
Get started by reading our Beginner’s Guide to Renting a Dumpster.
Easy steps to rent a dumpster
Ensure the dumpster rental process goes smoothly using the simple steps outlined here:
1. Plan ahead – Renting a dumpster is generally not a spur of the moment thing. Determine your project’s disposal needs at least two weeks ahead of time. Call at least a week in advance to book the dumpster, or two week in advance during busy months (spring, summer and fall). That way you can rest assured knowing the dumpster will be there when you need it.
2. Get multiple quotes – Be sure you’re getting the best rate, service and container for your project by getting quotes from multiple rental providers. We recommend at least two or three.
3. Prep for drop-off – Make sure the drop off location has easy access and no obstructions, such as cars, kid’s toys, or even fences (if applicable).
4. Follow the loading guidelines – Avoid the headaches later on and: Don’t over-fill the dumpster, avoid disposing of prohibited items (e.g., hazardous wastes), don’t mix trash in with clean loads (e.g., concrete only), and follow other guidelines given to you by the dumpster rental company.
Save money and reduce waste by composting
As much as 30% of municipal waste in the U.S. is compostable, including yard debris, food scraps and paper products. The Utah DEQ encourages residents to compost.
Benefits of composting:
- It’s free organic fertilizer and soil additive
- Reducing waste output by up to 30% could reduce the cost of your waste hauling bill
Learn more about composting:
Solid waste rules and regulations
Utah has laws protecting the environment and public health from illegal dumping and safe disposal of wastes. You can view a comprehensive list of laws and rules governing solid waste in the state at the following link: