Dumpster Rental in Troy, MI
Find the top dumpster rental companies serving your hometown
America's #1 Source for Dumpsters and Junk Removal
Dumpster Rental Tips for Troy, MI
Dumpster Precautions to Take in Troy, MI
Dumpsters come with weight limits, and if you go above those weight limits, you will be the one left paying for the extra weight. This is why, when renting a dumpster, you should always take efforts to protect it from illegal dumping as well as rain and snow.
Some of the best ways to deter this include:
- Asking for the dumpster to be placed inside a fenced area. If that isn’t a possibility, then the furthest away from the public right-of-way the dumpster is, like the road and sidewalks, the better.
- Tarping the dumpster when you are not actively using it. All you need is an inexpensive tarp and some bungee cords. This is also useful for keeping the dumpster load dry during rain or snowstorms.
- Placing the dumpster in a well-lit area.
- Loading the dumpster quickly. If you can, finish loading the dumpster in a day and have it picked up as quickly as possible. The longer the dumpster sits on your property, the higher the chance of illegal dumping or inclement weather.
- A simple plywood or cardboard sign may be enough to keep people from tossing trash in your roll-off.