An 8 yard dumpster is a great option for many types of retail businesses, commercial office buildings, multifamily properties, and more.
We’ll cover all you need to know about 8 yard dumpsters, including common dimensions, costs, and other important considerations.
- Commercial dumpster service guide for business owners
- 2 yard commercial dumpster guide
- 4 yard commercial dumpster guide
- 6 yard commercial dumpster guide
8 yard dumpster size
Eight yard dumpsters are ideal for commercial buildings, apartment complexes, large restaurants, office buildings, retail stores, and more.
8 yard dumpster size: 6 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep x 7 ft. high
8 yard dumpster costs
There are several key factors influencing the cost of commercial trash collection. 8-yard dumpsters feature a front-load design, so commercial trash pickup is quick and efficient.
Expect to pay an average of $220-$300 per month for 8 yard dumpster service
Commercial dumpster costs typically include weekly emptying of the container.
Here are some factors that can play a role in determining the price of commercial trash collection in different situations:
- Pick-up frequency
- Weight of debris
- Type of waste (e.g., trash vs. recyclables)
Location: Your proximity to the waste hauling company plays a role in costs. Driving time and fuel costs are the major factors in play.
Choose a commercial dumpster company that is located close to your business to keep costs low.
Pick-up Schedule: Commercial waste service generally includes weekly pick-ups in the quoted price. For more frequent pick-ups, such as biweekly, the cost will increase.
TIP: Go with an 8 yard dumpster rather than a 4 or 6 yard bin if the 6 yard dumpster is having to be emptied multiple times per week. This change will reduce disposal costs.
Weight and Volume of Debris: Exceeding this weight limit, or over-filling the dumpster, can lead to additional fees. If this becomes an ongoing issue, switch to a larger dumpster to eliminate overage fees.
Related reading: Complete Guide to Roll-off Dumpster Costs
Dumpster laws vary by location
Laws regulating commercial dumpster placement and enclosure requirements vary by city. Some cities have strict laws while others are a bit more flexible. Below is an example of some of the requirements spelled out in Hollywood, Florida’s municipal code:
- Enclosures are required (e.g., fences) if the dumpster is in public view
- Dumpsters cannot be placed in a location that would cause the garbage truck to block a street intersection during pick-up
- Enclosures must be at least 12 inches taller than the highest point of the dumpster
- Permits from the Building Division are required to build dumpster enclosures
Check the government website of your city to learn about local commercial dumpster requirements.
Is the 8 yard dumpster the right choice for your business?
Large 8-yard dumpsters accommodate the disposal needs of most businesses. The largest buildings may require multiple 8-yard dumpsters or larger 20 or 40 yard commercial compactors.
The best way to know if an 8-yard front-load dumpster is the right option for your situation is calling and discussing your commercial disposal needs with local waste haulers.
Check with multiple haulers to ensure you’re getting the most accommodating service and price.
Learn more: Types of Dumpsters
When calling, have the following information on hand:
- Types of debris the business generates (e.g., recyclables vs food waste, etc.)
- Typical bags of trash generated each day and/or foot traffic
- Location and desired dumpster placement on the property. Is there any accessibility challenges that large commercial front-load garbage trucks would face?
- Is this a shared dumpster with other businesses?
- Desired pick-up frequency
- Any other pertinent details specific to the situation
Start your research today by searching your city in the search bar at HometownDumpsterRental.com. You can also click the link below to browse local waste haulers. Read reviews and learn more about each waste hauling company to find the one that meets your needs.