2 Yard Dumpster: An Economical Commercial Dumpster Option
As one of the smallest front-load commercial dumpster sizes offered by most commercial trash collection companies, 2 yard dumpsters are a great small-capacity option for small businesses, retail stores, and restaurants.
We’ll cover all you need to know about 2 yard dumpsters, including common dimensions, costs, and other considerations.
2 yard dumpster size
A 2 yard dumpster is ideal for small brick-and-mortar businesses, gas stations, and restaurants with traffic of less than one hundred daily customers. There are some exceptions to this rule, like retail stores with heavy cardboard disposal requirements, but this is a good starting point for choosing a commercial dumpster to suit your business.
2 yard dumpster size: 6 ft. wide x 3 ft. deep x 3 ft. high
Learn about 2 yard dumpster dimensions and costs below.
2 yard dumpster costs
There are several key factors influencing the cost of commercial trash collection. The 2 yard dumpster option is generally the lowest cost option offered by waste hauling companies.
Expect to pay in the neighborhood of $90 to $125 per month for 2 yard dumpster service
Pricing generally includes weekly emptying of the container.
Here are some factors that can play a role in determining the price of commercial trash collection in different situations:
- Frequency of pick-up
- Weight and amount of trash or debris
1. Location: The further the trash collection company has to drive to get to the business, the more it will cost for service. The time and fuel costs associated with service is a major factor.
Choose a commercial waste company that is located close to your business to keep costs low.
2. Pick-up Schedule: Most commercial haulers offer weekly pick-up in the base rate. For more frequent pick-ups, the cost goes up from there.
3. Weight and Amount of Debris: Commercial dumpsters generally have a weight limit. Exceeding this weight limit can lead to additional fees.
Related reading: Complete guide to roll-off dumpster costs
Dumpster laws vary by city
Rules and regulations pertaining to commercial dumpster placement and enclosure requirements vary by city. Some municipalities are stricter than others. Below is an example of some of the requirements spelled out in Hollywood, Florida’s municipal code:
Enclosures are required (e.g., fences) if the dumpster is in public view
Dumpsters cannot be placed in a location that would cause the garbage truck to block a street intersection during pick-up
Enclosure must be at least 12 inches taller than the highest point of the dumpster
Permit from the Building Division is required to build the dumpster enclosure
Check the government website of your city to learn about local commercial dumpster requirements.
Is a 2 yard dumpster the right choice for your business or commercial establishment?
Compact two-yard dumpsters work well for gas stations, small retail shops, small schools, and other lightly-trafficked commercial businesses.
The best way to know if a 2-yard front load dumpster is optimal in your situation is to call and discuss your situation with local commercial waste haulers. Check with multiple haulers to ensure you’re getting the best service and price.
Learn more: Types of dumpsters
When calling, have the following information on hand:
- Types of debris or trash your business generates (e.g., recyclables, food waste, etc.)
- Typical bags of trash generated each day and/or foot traffic
- Location and desired dumpster placement on the property. Is there any accessibility challenges a large commercial front-load garbage trucks would face?
- Is this a shared dumpster with other businesses?
- Desired pick-up frequency
- Any other details you feel would be pertinent to your specific situation
Start your research today by searching for commercial waste management companies at HometownDumpsterRental.com. Use the search bar to find local haulers in your area, or click the link below to search by state. Read reviews and learn more about each local waste hauler to narrow your search. Call several companies to compare offerings from each.