Removing Unwanted Junk
When does hiring a junk removal company make the most sense?
- You only have a few large, bulk trash items (junk removal service is typically cheaper than renting a dumpster in this situation)
- You have a lot of debris in a central spot and are willing to pay a little extra for someone else's labor to load and haul the junk
- You want the junk to be removed and out of sight quickly
- You want someone else to load your debris for you
Learn more: Junk Removal 101: A Guide to Junk Removal Services
When does renting a dumpster make themes sense?
- You want the flexibility to load the container over time (A typical rental includes up to 7 days)
- You don't mind loading the junk or debris yourself to save a little money on labor
- You have more than 3 or 4 cubic yards of material (Roll-off containers typically start at 10 cubic yards, so if you only have 3 or 4 cubic yards of material, you're paying for more dumpster than you need)
Learn more: Dumpster Rental vs. Junk Removal Service
How do dumpster rental and junk removal costs compare?
The cost of hiring a junk removal service or renting a dumpster varies based on several factors, including:
- volume of junk/debris
- duration of service
- disposal fees
- who you hire
For large cleanups, junk removal services cost more than renting a dumpster because of the added labor costs involved. For smaller cleanups, like removing some furniture or a refrigerator, it would cost less to have someone remove it. If you rent a dumpster, you will likely be paying for more dumpster than you need.