Residents and business owners throughout Pierre, SD turn to Capital Area Refuse, LLC for their dumpster rental and junk removal needs. We offer 2-8 yard dumpster rentals and provide a long list of cleanout services.
Envirotech Waste Services offers top-notch roll-off dumpster rentals throughout the Pierre, SD area. We are here to serve you in a variety of ways while providing exceptional customer service and high-quality workmanship.
Dumpster Rental Tips for Onida, SD
Dumpsters for Rent
Minimize extra cost
As with any purchase, informed shoppers get the best deal.
That’s certainly the case when it comes to renting a dumpster for construction debris, roofing, concrete, or household junk.
Here are a few tips that help you become a more informed customer.
- Rent local. When searching for a dumpster service, the majority of companies listed in search results are actually out-of-state brokers that don't actually own any dumpsters. The broker books the dumpster, takes some money off the top, and passes it on to a local hauler. You'll pay 10% more, at least, when booking through a broker.
- Large national haulers, like Waste Management, are usually A LOT more expensive than smaller, locally owned haulers. See our Waste Management Dumpster Rental Cost Comparison for more info.
- It's smart to contact two companies for quotes.This ensures you’re getting a fair price. Typically, prices are fairly close between locally owned dumpster services in the same area, but it's worthwhile to double check the market to make sure you're not overpaying.
- Avoid overweight fees by not mixing in heavy debris (e.g., dirt, concrete, brick, etc.) into a general debris dumpster. For example, say you're loading a dumpster with household junk and you rented it with 2 tons of weight included. Mixing concrete into that dumpster may push the weight of the dumpster well over your limit, meaning you'll get hit with extra charges for the weight when it's weighed at the landfill.
- Understand the standard rental period and avoid late fees by calling and having the dumpster service pick up the container on or before the agreed-upon date.
- When on the fence about which bin size to choose, it's safer to book the larger one. The difference in price is minimal compared to the potential of having to rent an additional dumpster. See our helpful articles on 10 yard dumpsters and 20 yard dumpsters for additional help on selecting the right container size.
- Ask about recycling options, particularly for 'clean loads' of concrete, shingles, and some construction debris. In some areas, it's cheaper for the roll-off company to recycle a load rather than dump it at the landfill. They may pass these savings on to you.