Find District of Columbia Dumpster Rental
Get introduced to top-rated dumpster services in your hometown
America's #1 Source for Dumpsters
Dumpster Rental - Popular Articles
Dumpster Rental Tips
Dumpster Rental Tip Sub 5
Dumpster load weight limits
Each dumpster comes with a weight allowance that can range from 1 ton (2,000 lbs.) to 8 tons (16,000 lbs.) or more. The bigger the dumpster, the greater the weight allowance.
Dumpster companies generally charge an overage fee when your load goes over the allotted weight. Overage costs typically range between $50 per ton and $100 per ton.
Household junk is much lighter compared to the same volume of dirt, bricks or concrete debris. Be wary of overage charges when dealing with heavier debris.
How much debris can fit in a 10, 20, 30 or 40 yard dumpster?
This will help give you a general idea of what type and how much debris can fit inside a roll-off container. Read more about dumpster sizes.
10 yard dumpster
- Garage or basement cleanout
- 250 square foot deck removal
- Small kitchen or bath remodeling project
20 yard dumpster
- Two-stall garage cleanout
- 400 square foot deck removal
- Up to 3,000 square foot of roofing shingles (single layer)
30 yard dumpster
- Whole-house window or siding replacement
- Garage demolition
- Foreclosure cleanouts
40 yard dumpster
- Commercial roofing project
- New construction
- Large home or commercial building cleanout