Find District of Columbia Dumpster Rental
Get introduced to top-rated dumpster services in your hometown
America's #1 Source for Dumpsters
Dumpster Rental - Popular Articles
Dumpster Rental Tips
Dumpsters for Rent
How much debris can fit inside a roll-off container?
This quick guide will give a few examples of the types and amounts of waste/debris that will fit into each of the most commonly sized dumpsters.
10 yard dumpster
- Shed or attic cleanout
- 250 sq. ft. deck demolition and removal
- Kitchen or bathroom remodeling project
20 yard dumpster
- Garage or barn cleanout
- 400 sq. ft. deck or patio removal
- Up to 30 square of roofing shingles
30 yard dumpster
- House siding replacement
- Garage demo and debris removal
- Estate cleanouts (medium size home)
40 yard dumpster
- Residential or commercial roofing job
- Home or commercial building construction
- Window or siding replacement on a large home
Dumpster permit requirements
A dumpster permit, sometimes called a “temporary occupancy permit,” is required in cases where the dumpster is to be placed in the public right-of-way. This includes placing the container on the side of a city street or blocking the sidewalk.
If the debris box will be placed in the driveway or on your private property, a permit is typically not needed. Check with your dumpster rental provider to be sure all permitting requirements are met.