Find Ohio Dumpster Rental
Get introduced to top-rated dumpster services in your hometown
America's #1 Source for Dumpsters
Top Ohio Cities for Dumpster Rental
Dumpster Rental - Popular Articles
Dumpster Rental Tips
Ohio Waste and Recycling Guide
Dumpster container sizing information
Roll-off dumpster sizes vary by rental provider, but here are the most common:
- 10 yard: 12 ft. x 8 ft. x 3.5 ft. (LxWxH)
- 20 yard: 22 ft. x 8 ft. x 4 ft. (LxWxH)
- 30 yard: 22 ft. x 8 ft. x 6 ft. (LxWxH)
- 40 yard: 22 ft. x 8 ft. x 8 ft. (LxWxH)
The container sizes in your area may vary based on availability. If you can’t find the container size you’re looking for, check with a different rental company near you.
Other relatively common dumpster sizes include 8, 12 and 15 yarders. Still other container sizes are also sometimes available. Trailer dumpsters are a roll-off dumpster alternative that work great for a wide range of situations.
The Ohio EPA encourages composting
At least a 25% of the waste landfilled in the U.S. is compostable. This includes yard debris, food waste and paper products. Composting is good for the environment and saves you money in two ways:
- You don’t have to buy fertilizer. You’re making your own 100% organic fertilizer for the garden, flower beds, indoor plantings, or to add to topsoil.
- Composting reduces the amount of waste you generate, which may allow you to downsize your curbside garbage container needs and save you a few bucks on your waste hauling bill.
It’s easy to compost at home, and no, it doesn’t smell like rotting garbage if you do it right. It’s a matter of mixing “brown” materials like twigs, dead leaves and clean paper with “green” materials like coffee grounds/filters, fruit/veggie scraps, nut shells and egg shells (no whole eggs).
Mix in a higher ratio of brown materials to avoid a stinky batch of compost. Mix weekly and keep moist with water. That’s all it takes to start reaping the benefits of compost.
How much is it to rent a dumpster in Ohio?
The cost of renting a dumpster in Ohio can vary based upon the location (city), container availability, dumpster size, type of waste, rental duration, and several other factors.
Get an accurate picture of local dumpster rental prices by contacting two or more local rental providers for quotes. Why at least two? This ensures you’re getting fair market value for your rental.
Based on several years of data collected by Hometown Dumpster Rental, we have determined the national average cost to rent a dumpster are as follows:
- 10 yards - $300
- 20 yards - $380
- 30 yards - $440
- 40 yards - $490
(Updated in 2018)
Learn more: What’s included in the dumpster rental price?
In Ohio, dumpster costs are influenced by several factors, as described above. For your reference, here are some examples of pricing for various cities in Ohio:
- 10 yard dumpster rental in Cleveland, OH - $225
- 20 yard dumpster rental in Cincinnati, OH - $380
- 30 yard dumpster rental in Columbus, OH - $430
- 40 yard dumpster rental in Chillicothe, OH - $515
Prices are based on information from local waste hauling companies in the stated city. Prices subject to change.
Click the links below to learn more about dumpster rental costs and related information: