Dumpster Rental in Opelika, AL
Find the top dumpster rental companies serving your hometown
America's #1 Source for Dumpsters and Junk Removal
Dumpster Rental Tips for Opelika, AL
Dumpsters for Rent
How can I reduce the risk of going over my dumpster's weight allowance?
Debris like dirt, concrete, and household junk can pack on the pounds in your dumpster very quickly. To avoid going over your weight allowance, here are two tips to minimize the total weight of your dumpster load:
- Place a tarp over the dumpster when not in use, especially when it’s raining or snowing. Moisture can dampen debris and make it much heavier. You are responsible for this weight and could end up paying for it in the form of overage fees if you’re not careful.
- Reusable junk or debris, such as salvaged brick or still-working appliances, can be donated to local charities (e.g., Habitat for Humanity ReStores) or unloaded for free on Craigslist. This helps reduce the amount of weight in your dumpster.
Make sure you know the weight allowance of your dumpster rental. Don’t overload the dumpster or you may be subject to overage charges.
Are there multiple types of dumpsters?
Yes, there are several types of dumpsters, but companies don't usually carry every type, so check with the companies you speak to.
- Commercial Dumpsters – Businesses use these dumpsters for weekly or monthly garbage hauling service. They are not for temporary use.
- Roll-off Dumpsters – These are the containers you rent for temporary uses, such as household cleanouts, roofing projects or commercial construction.
- Trailer Dumpsters – Used by some dumpster rental companies, these trailers are used similarly to roll-off dumpsters but are different in that they are on wheels – this offers the benefit of being easier on your driveway.
- Bag-style Containers – These small bins are made from durable fabrics and plastics and range in size from 1 to 3 cubic yards and hold less than 2 tons of debris. The “Bagster” container is one such dumpster.
- Lowboy Dumpsters – Similar to traditional roll-off dumpsters but with low sides, making it ideal for loading heavier debris, such as dirt, roofing material, concrete, tiles and masonry.